RUSKIN, Fla. (WFLA) - A Tampa firefighter worked a full shift overnight on Christmas then arrived home Tuesday morning to find flames shooting from his neighbor's home in Ruskin, so he sprang into action.
Tampa Fire Rescue firefighter Luigi Young ran into the burning home, found his neighbor and then carried him out of the home to safety.
The man had left his burning home, but went back inside and collapsed.
After rescuing his neighbor, Young helped Hillsborough County Fire Rescue firefighters put out the fire.
The home is in the Belmont subdivision.
The man who lives in the home that caught fire lives with two dogs and two birds.
Details have not yet been released about the cause of the fire or if the resident or his pets suffered any injuries.STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Large deputy presence at death investigation in Lakeland
- Cops: Pasco mom used son to shoplift, then abandoned him when caught
- Porch pirate ruins Christmas after snatching package in Pinellas Park
- 5 killed in Christmas Eve plane crash in Bartow
- Friends for 60 years find out they're biological brothers
- Missing baby found with meth in system, babysitter could face charges
- Parents murdered after warning daughter about teen boyfriend's neo-Nazi affiliations
- 'Granny Cottages' are a convenient micro-living option for seniors
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Police officer's widow breaks silence, addressing stolen guns from unlocked cars
- New Disney movie to begin filming in Lakeland on Wednesday
- Lawyer: Police think slaying of XXXTentacion was random
- Woman develops meat allergy after tick bite