HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Florida Department of Health is helping students stay healthy over the holidays by offering free flu shots at schools in Hillsborough County.
Students can get a free shot at various health clinics throughout the county. All they must do is be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
The flu shots come at no cost to parents, but a family’s insurance company might be billed if their policy will cover the shot.
The department said a third party used to provide flu shots to students, but it was not possible this year, due to staffing limitations.
The clinics are now at the following locations:
- Thursday, Dec. 12, 5-7 p.m., King High School, 6815 N 56th St, Tampa, FL 33610
- Saturday, Dec. 14, 9-11 a.m., Jefferson High School, 4401 Cypress St, Tampa, FL 33607
- Tuesday, Dec. 17, 5-7 p.m., Riverview High School, 11311 Boyette Rd, Riverview FL 33569
- Thursday, Dec. 19, 5-7 p.m. Plant City High School, One Raider Place, Plant City, FL 33563
The flu shots are first come, first served while supplies last.
- ‘We just need some leads’ Family pleads for help on 11th day of elderly woman’s disappearance
- Man immediately arrested after lighting blunt in court
- Jimmy Garoppolo says Tom Brady sent him ‘good luck’ text ahead of Super Bowl LIV
- Goat and police K-9 compete for honorary mayor of Vermont town
- Tampa Bay health officials remind public of importance of vaccinations amid measles case