HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — Two 55-year-old Safety Harbor residents were seriously injured after crashing into a semi truck that was attempting an improper U-turn on Interstate 275 Monday morning.
Just before 5 a.m. Monday, a semi truck driven by a 48-year-old Tampa man was traveling north on I-275 near mile marker 58 in Hillsborough County. The Florida Highway Patrol said the man tried to make an improper U-turn into the southbound lanes.
FHP said a van trailing behind the semi truck smashed into its side. A 55-year-old man driving the van was seriously injured. His 55-year-old female passenger was critically injured in the crash.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Tracking the Tropics: Hurricane warning issued for parts of the Carolinas as Isaias moves north
- Leigh’s runcast: Intense heat makes it more difficult to exercise outside
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Isaias heads north; drier air locally
- Dunkin’s free coffee Mondays begin Aug. 3
- Eagles coach Doug Pederson tests positive for COVID-19