PLANT CITY, Fla. (WFLA) - PLANT CITY, Fla. (WFLA) – A Florida Highway Patrol trooper was injured when his cruiser was hit by another car in Plant City early Monday morning.
The crash happened at 1:54 a.m. on State Road 60 at Smith Ryals Road. SR 60 was closed in both directions because of the crash.
FHP Sergeant Leif Cardwell, 48, was parked in a diagonal direction to block traffic in preparation for a road closure due to CSX railroad crossing maintenance.
Investigators say a Chrysler driven by Amanda Casull, 28, of Valrico, hit the right rear side of Cardwell's cruiser. Cardwell suffered non life-threatening injuries and was transported to Lakeland Regional Hospital. Casull was transported to Brandon Regional Hospital.
Charges are pending.
SR 60 was closed for the CSX maintenance at 6 a.m. Monday. The closure is between CR-39 and County Line Road and will last for two weeks. You can get more info here. A map showing alternate routes is below.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- VIDEO: Pasco deputy pulls off surprise and tells girl K9 is hers
- Man narrowly survives life-threatening flesh-eating bacteria
- Hillsborough first responders capture creepy image while helping NC flood victims
- Family says 17-year-old with Down syndrome kicked off cheerleading squad