HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Hillsborough authorities are asking for the public’s help in finding a teenager who opened fire at a Wawa store in Riverview, wounding two people.
Deputies issued an arrest warrant for 18-year-old Javius Leon Vazquez on Friday.
According to the warrant, Vazquez was involved in a verbal dispute outside of the Wawa store on 11323 Boyette Road. He shot one person in the leg, and a second person was struck by the same bullet, or a fragment of it.
Deputies said witnesses who knew Vazquez personally, identified him as the shooter in a booking photo.
He is now wanted on charges of aggravated assault and discharging a firearm from a vehicle.
“No argument should ever be resolved with gunfire,” said Sheriff Chad Chronister. “This teen should be grateful no one was killed due to his senseless actions, but we will ensure he faces consequences for such reckless behavior.”
Authorities are asking anyone with informaiton on Vazquez’s whereabouts to call the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office at (813) 247-2400.
- Beloved Tampa Bay doctor dies from COVID-19 complications, said he ‘just wanted to get back to his patients’
- Halloween canceled? Not so fast! Spirit Halloween opening stores
- Dr Pepper addresses soda shortage at grocery stores
- Nearly 100K children in US tested positive for coronavirus during last two weeks in July
- Tampa family supports virtual start to school year as Gov. DeSantis pushes for parents to have options