TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Authorities have located a mother and a missing newborn who disappeared after leaving a hospital in Tampa last week.
Deputies were looking for the infant, Brinae Sherman, and her mother 20-year-old Kanasia Johnson after they left St. Joseph’s Hospital on Thursday.
Deputies said Johnson’s parental rights had been terminated, and that she had failed to inform her case manager that she was pregnant with a child.
“We are very concerned for this infant, who is less than a week old, and our child protective investigators want to make contact with her mother as quickly as possible to ensure that this innocent child is safe,” Sheriff Chad Chronister said on Saturday.
Around 8:30 a.m. Monday, deputies said Sherman and Johnson had been located and are safe.
Further information was not immediately available.
- Passenger killed in 2-car crash in Palmetto
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Two cold fronts pass this week
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Spring-like temps breakup with Tampa, cold front arrives midweek
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 5,539 new COVID-19 cases and 118 deaths
- Raptors’ virus issues worsen, game vs. Bulls called off