TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Authorities have located a mother and a missing newborn who disappeared after leaving a hospital in Tampa last week.
Deputies were looking for the infant, Brinae Sherman, and her mother 20-year-old Kanasia Johnson after they left St. Joseph’s Hospital on Thursday.
Deputies said Johnson’s parental rights had been terminated, and that she had failed to inform her case manager that she was pregnant with a child.
“We are very concerned for this infant, who is less than a week old, and our child protective investigators want to make contact with her mother as quickly as possible to ensure that this innocent child is safe,” Sheriff Chad Chronister said on Saturday.
Around 8:30 a.m. Monday, deputies said Sherman and Johnson had been located and are safe.
Further information was not immediately available.
- Last day to vote early in these Tampa Bay area counties
- Halloween treat: Full ‘blue moon’ set to shine
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Fall-like Halloween, mild Sunday
- Pasco County family hopes for ‘nightmare’ to end three years after near-deadly Halloween home invasion
- Florida election: Will mail-in ballot signatures become the ‘hanging chads’ of 2020?