UPDATE: Cocami Brown has been located and is safe.
HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s help in finding a missing boy with mental disabilities who disappeared from his home in Westchase.
Deputies said Cocami Brown, 13, was seen around 4 p.m. Tuesday, walking away from his home in the area of Sheldon Road and West Linebaugh Avenue. He then was seen again Wednesday with his mother, 41-year-old Tomikio Brown, on the 3500 block of the 9th Street North in Tampa.
Deputies were told Cocami has a diagnosed intellectual disability and has the mental capacity of an 8-year-old.
Cocami is 5 feet 7 inches and weighs 130 pounds. He may be wearing a red shirt with black stripes, blue shorts and black sandals.
“We believe this young man is still in the Tampa Bay area,” said Sheriff Chad Chronister. “As a parent, I can’t imagine the agony his family is dealing with not knowing where he is right now. Please, if you know where Cocami is, call the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office immediately so that we can safely bring him home.”
Those with information should call the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office at (813) 247-8200.
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Most rain south of I-4 today
- New book by Miami Herald investigative team goes behind the scenes at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago
- Cirelli scores in OT, Lighting beat Isles to reach Cup Final
- Rays clinch playoff spot for second consecutive year
- Manatee County deputies searching for missing woman who may be in Pinellas County