TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Hillsborough County deputies are currently investigating a shooting that took place outside of St. Joseph’s Hospital South in Riverview.
Deputies say there was a confrontation between two men in the parking lot of the hospital, located at 6901 Simmons Loop. One of the men shot the other in the shoulder.
The victim was taken to St. Joseph’s Hospital in Tampa for medical evaluation, according to deputies. His condition is unknown at this time.
Deputies say this is an isolated incident and there is no threat to the public or employees at the hospital at this time.
Please check back for the latest updates on this story.
- National Vietnam War Veterans Day: How you can participate in virtual events to honor those who served.
- Coronavirus in Florida: Over 4,000 cases in state, no overnight deaths
- Dr. Fauci warns U.S. could see over 100,000 deaths
- Age is not the only risk for severe coronavirus disease
- Pelosi: Trump’s downplaying of coronavirus cost American lives