HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Hillsborough County deputies are currently investigating a verbal altercation that turned physical Thursday morning.
Deputies say 47-year-old Kurtis Lawson was arrested after he hit an adult victim with a sword. The victim suffered upper body trauma and was taken to Tampa General Hospital.
According to deputies, the victim was last listed in stable condition.
Lawson admitted to the crime and was booked into the Orient Road Jail. He has been charged with aggravated battery great bodily harm and deadly weapon.
Deputies say Lawson was previously arrested for battery (domestic violence) and aggravated assault in 2000 and 1997, respectively.
This is an active investigation. No other information has been released at this time.
- Police: Clearwater firefighter assaults woman after argument over politics, points gun at officer
- Execution rescheduled for only woman on federal death row after COVID-19 delay
- Dole recalls romaine lettuce in 15 states over E. coli risk, FDA says
- Police: Man arrested for beating his dog after it chased after a squirrel in St. Pete
- Tropicana Field COVID-19 testing site sees high demand ahead of Thanksgiving