RIVERVIEW, Fla. (WFLA) – A 20-year-old man has been arrested after an incident that left a woman dead and another person injured in Riverview.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office said it was investigating a homicide that occurred Monday morning in the Southfork Lakes community in Riverview.
Deputies say Jordan Silver intentionally shot and killed the woman while filming a music video with several others early Monday morning. Silver’s actions were unprovoked, according to witnesses.
Before fleeing the area, Silver also shot an adult male victim who was transported to a local hospital in critical condition.
“Senseless acts of violence will not be tolerated in Hillsborough County,” said Hillsborough County Sheriff Chad Chronister. “I commend our detectives for the thorough investigation that helped us locate the person responsible for this double shooting in less than 24 hours. As we continue working to learn what led up to this tragedy, we will make sure that the person responsible faces the consequences for his actions.”
“I didn’t hear or see anything. I came out at 6:10 to take my walk and they told me I couldn’t walk this way,” said Gail Wilson, who lives nearby.
She tells 8 On Your Side she is rattled by the news of a murder in her neighborhood.
“It’s a brand new area and I was the first to close on this block. And I’ve had no problems at all. It’s been very quiet, very safe,” Wilson said.
Silver’s motives for the shooting are unknown at this time.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Woodcarver honoring 13 killed in Kabul, visits Tampa Bay mother of fallen solider
- Pasco school leaders to discuss changing school start times due to bus driver shortage
- Brian Laundrie lookalike held at gunpoint by U.S. Marshals on Appalachian Trail, report says
- ‘This is not some joke’: 56 laser strikes reported on aircraft in Tampa so far in 2021, FAA data shows
- ‘Things have gone downhill rapidly’: Polk Co. missionary says kidnapping of Americans in Haiti will impact future help