TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office is currently investigating a drowning incident involving two young girls in Tampa.
Deputies say the incident occurred shortly after 5 p.m. at the Wexford Park Apartments located at 8203 Down Royal Road.
According to deputies, 10 children and three adults were together for a family pool party.
Two 3-year-old girls, who initially had pool floaties on, decided to go in the pool. At some point while playing in the water, they took their floaties off.
Deputies say both girls ended up going underwater. It took a while before the adults, who could not swim, noticed the girls. But when they did, they immediately pulled them out and started to perform CPR.
Deputies say both girls were taken to Tampa General Hospital. One child was pronounced dead at the hospital. The other girl is in critical condition.
At this time, no one is facing charges.
- ‘WATCH OUT!’ Body cam video shows Florida police officers get fired upon in unmarked vehicle
- Pair of grade school boys jump fence to rescue infants from pool
- Soldier dies during underwater training exercise in Tennessee
- Two killed in Brooksville shooting, believed to be domestic, deputies say
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: First front of the season arrives today