TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office is currently investigating a drowning incident involving two young girls in Tampa.
Deputies say the incident occurred shortly after 5 p.m. at the Wexford Park Apartments located at 8203 Down Royal Road.
According to deputies, 10 children and three adults were together for a family pool party.
Two 3-year-old girls, who initially had pool floaties on, decided to go in the pool. At some point while playing in the water, they took their floaties off.
Deputies say both girls ended up going underwater. It took a while before the adults, who could not swim, noticed the girls. But when they did, they immediately pulled them out and started to perform CPR.
Deputies say both girls were taken to Tampa General Hospital. One child was pronounced dead at the hospital. The other girl is in critical condition.
At this time, no one is facing charges.
- USF, UCF, UF among top 10 colleges with most coronavirus cases reported
- Lyft driver attacked by Florida man angry over coronavirus barrier, deputies say
- Largo police officer taken to hospital after being hit by PSTA bus in Largo
- Manatee County sergeant arrested after sex chat with undercover deputy posing as minor
- Florida health care worker may lose hands due to coronavirus complications