TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office is currently investigating a drowning incident involving two young girls in Tampa.
Deputies say the incident occurred shortly after 5 p.m. at the Wexford Park Apartments located at 8203 Down Royal Road.
According to deputies, 10 children and three adults were together for a family pool party.
Two 3-year-old girls, who initially had pool floaties on, decided to go in the pool. At some point while playing in the water, they took their floaties off.
Deputies say both girls ended up going underwater. It took a while before the adults, who could not swim, noticed the girls. But when they did, they immediately pulled them out and started to perform CPR.
Deputies say both girls were taken to Tampa General Hospital. One child was pronounced dead at the hospital. The other girl is in critical condition.
At this time, no one is facing charges.
- Abandoned newborn found dead in freezing weather; mother questioned
- Trump: Impeachment has been ‘very hard on my family’
- Browns star Garrett facing NFL discipline after outburst
- STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: Stormy start to Friday; cooler air for the weekend
- Dogs seized in September to find forever homes on ‘adoption day’ Sunday