HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office is currently investigating the scene of a dead body found in Gibsonton.
Deputies received a call around 2:07 p.m. saying human remains were found outside of a home in the 10000 block of East Bay Road, near New East Bay Road.
The identity of the body has not been confirmed. However, deputies say they do believe they are the remains of an adult.
“There are several witnesses here at the property at the time who we’re in the process of talking to, seeing if we can learn more again, about this unfortunate discovery,” said sheriff’s office spokesperson, Crystal Clark.
8 On Your Side’s Peter Bernard spoke with Janel Massioni, who lives a few homes down from the potential crime scene.
“It’s scary to know that a kid could have found that body. Ya know, anything. It’s just very scary,” Massioni said.
HCSO spokesperson Crystal Clark mentioned deputies are familiar with the property. They’ve been there several times in the past month for various calls, mostly for warrants.
This is an open and active investigation.
If you have any information on the incident, please call HCSO at 813-247-8200.
Please check back for the latest updates.
- 28 confirmed cases of coronavirus in California
- Some Tampa streets reopen after CSX ‘rogue’ railroad repairs
- Hearse stolen from California church with body inside recovered after freeway chase
- Wisconsin police department offers to test your meth for coronavirus
- Crime rates down as population rises in Hillsborough County, sheriff’s office reports