HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – UPDATE: The death investigation underway in Wimauma is now being investigated as a murder-suicide.
Deputies say two adults were found shot to death inside a home on the 15000 block of Carlton Lake Road shortly after 7 p.m. Friday. One family member was inside the home at the time of the incident and called 911.
According to deputies, 41-year-old Cassandra Cagle was shot to death by her husband, 57-year-old Lawrence Cagle, during an argument inside their mobile home.
Deputies say Lawrence shot and killed his wife then shortly after, killed himself.
No other information has been released at this time.
ORIGINAL STORY: A death investigation is underway in Wimauma.
Deputies say the incident occurred near the intersection of Scales Road and Carlton Lake Road at approximately 7 p.m. involving an adult man and woman.
A relative called 911 around to report the shooting.
Deputies believe this is an isolated incident with no threat to the neighborhood.
- Group of dads tackle man accused of peeping on teen in Cracker Barrel restroom
- Caught on video: Man breaks into Town ‘n’ Country church, sets it on fire
- Learning pods can make educational inequities worse. Here’s a better way to create one
- Catching up with hockey-loving pigs, Thunder and Bolt
- ‘Unfathomable’: US death toll from coronavirus hits 200,000