TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Deputies are searching for a suspect who shot and killed a man in Tampa Monday night.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office said the victim and the shooter had been involved in a crash on East Sligh Avenue and North 50th Street.
Deputies were called there around 9:30 p.m. and found the man with a gunshot wound. He was taken to Tampa General Hospital where he later died. Two others had suffered minor injuries and were taken to the hospital as a precaution, deputies said.
Investigators suspect the shooter was in one of the cars and fled on foot. They said an apartment inside the Avesta Del Río apartment complex may be connected to the incident.
“We know there were several witnesses to this crime and we’re asking anyone with information to come forward,” said Sheriff Chad Chronister.
Detectives are asking anyone with information regarding the shooting to call them at (813) 247-8200.
- 600 seniors in Hillsborough County get COVID-19 vaccine as part of initiative expansion
- Georgia man arrested for murder of his parents
- Bradenton man missing and endangered after not returning from daily walk
- Monarch butterfly population moves closer to extinction
- NYC teacher arrested after flying to Tampa to have sex with minor, deputies say