LITHIA, Fla. (WFLA) – A Lithia woman shot and killed one of two men who allegedly broke into her home and attacked another person inside, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office.
It happened at a home on Old Welcome Road shortly before 9 p.m. Wednesday.
The homeowners told deputies two intruders made demands and attacked the male victim.
The woman grabbed a firearm and shot one of the suspects once, authorities said.
Both suspects fled the home and one was found dead at the scene.
The other suspect has not been located.
Deputies said the homeowner was taken to Tampa General Hospital, where they remain in stable condition.
The attack is not believed to be random.
As of 2:30 p.m., the road remained closed to the press. Residents are allowed to and from their homes as the investigation continues.
Authorities are asking anyone with information regarding the case to call detectives at (813) 247-8200.
- With cash windfall, Biden adds GOP states to campaign map
- VIDEO: Thousands of starfish wash up on Navarre Beach after Hurricane Sally
- Vernice “FlyGirl” Armour America’s first African American female combat pilot is now a powerful motivational speaker
- Senate Democrats propose canceling $50K in student loan debt per person
- Sweet potato hash with eggs