LITHIA, Fla. (WFLA) – A Lithia woman shot and killed one of two men who allegedly broke into her home and attacked another person inside, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office.
It happened at a home on Old Welcome Road shortly before 9 p.m. Wednesday.
The homeowners told deputies two intruders made demands and attacked the male victim.
The woman grabbed a firearm and shot one of the suspects once, authorities said.
Both suspects fled the home and one was found dead at the scene.
The other suspect has not been located.
Deputies said the homeowner was taken to Tampa General Hospital, where they remain in stable condition.
The attack is not believed to be random.
As of 2:30 p.m., the road remained closed to the press. Residents are allowed to and from their homes as the investigation continues.
Authorities are asking anyone with information regarding the case to call detectives at (813) 247-8200.
- 10 patients at same nursing home die of coronavirus
- Masked crowds fill streets, trains after Wuhan lockdown ends
- Coronavirus: Tampa company making respirators for first responders, public
- Coronavirus: Tampa Bay dispatchers reveal top questions nervous callers ask
- Florida coronavirus: More than 1,000 new cases as death toll nears 300