LITHIA, Fla. (WFLA) – A Lithia woman shot and killed one of two men who allegedly broke into her home and attacked another person inside, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office.
It happened at a home on Old Welcome Road shortly before 9 p.m. Wednesday.
The homeowners told deputies two intruders made demands and attacked the male victim.
The woman grabbed a firearm and shot one of the suspects once, authorities said.
Both suspects fled the home and one was found dead at the scene.
The other suspect has not been located.
Deputies said the homeowner was taken to Tampa General Hospital, where they remain in stable condition.
The attack is not believed to be random.
As of 2:30 p.m., the road remained closed to the press. Residents are allowed to and from their homes as the investigation continues.
Authorities are asking anyone with information regarding the case to call detectives at (813) 247-8200.
- Firewood businessman still chopping wood at 90 years old
- Suspect sought after prying open coin machines, stealing money in Hillsborough County
- Sarasota police looking for credit card thief
- Florida officials weigh in on deadly Pensacola naval base shooting
- Saudi gunman tweeted against US before naval base shooting