RIVERVIEW, Fla. (WFLA) – The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office is now considering the death investigation on White Barn Way in Riverview as a homicide investigation.
Detectives say they have arrested 26-year-old Melissa Turner and have charged her with second-degree murder.
The investigation initially started Friday morning around 8:45 a.m. when a female resident “reported a person down.” When deputies responded to a home in the 9000 block of White Barn Way, they found an adult man deceased.
In a press conference on Friday, deputies said the victim is a male in his 20s to 30s with upper body trauma. However, the cause of death is still unknown.
Due to Marcy’s Law, the victim’s name will not be released.
- Dr. Fauci anticipates coronavirus outbreak in the fall
- HART to reduce bus service during coronavirus outbreak
- Trump administration rules gun shops ‘essential’ amid virus
- Stranded cruise ship hit by virus begs Florida to dock
- US nears China’s virus death toll as New York calls for help