TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – No one was injured after a fire broke out at a motel in Tampa overnight.
Guests had already evacuated by the time the Tampa Fire Rescue responded to the Swann Motel, 6407 North Nebraska Ave., shortly before 1 a.m. Wednesday morning.
Firefighters said heavy smoke was coming from one side of the motel and that the fire likely started in the attic.
The fire was upgraded to a second alarm due to the risk of it extending to nearby structures.
Investigators suspect the fire may have been caused by an electrical malfunction.
The incident remains under investigation.
- Quiz: How well do you know the White House families?
- Jill Biden to host drive-in rally in Tampa on Sunday
- Tampa man creates unique device for socially distant trick or treating
- View with caution: This may be America’s creepiest Halloween display
- Scary good resale value: Sold-out 12-foot Home Depot skeleton is reselling for more than $1,500