TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Tampa officials opened an arson investigation at a meat market on East Waters Avenue. after a fire broke out there this morning.
Firefighters were called to the Discount Food Meat Market shortly before 4 a.m., and nearly a dozen crews brought a fire at the back of the building under control.
No injuries were reported.
8 On Your Side spoke with the owner of Discount Food Meat Market who said the store was closed when the fire started. He said he didn’t have much information, other than the damage was in back corner of the building.
This investigation is still ongoing at this time. The fire investigator said it is unsure if this has any relation to the events that have taken place in Tampa the last few days.
- Hillsborough County absentee ballots on their way to mailboxes
- Where to see 4th of July fireworks in Tampa Bay
- Florida coronavirus: State adds 9,488 cases, 67 deaths
- DIY project: Make kites with your kids this summer
- How to keep loved ones with Alzheimer’s safe in a disaster