TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Tampa officials opened an arson investigation at a meat market on East Waters Avenue. after a fire broke out there this morning.
Firefighters were called to the Discount Food Meat Market shortly before 4 a.m., and nearly a dozen crews brought a fire at the back of the building under control.
No injuries were reported.
8 On Your Side spoke with the owner of Discount Food Meat Market who said the store was closed when the fire started. He said he didn’t have much information, other than the damage was in back corner of the building.
This investigation is still ongoing at this time. The fire investigator said it is unsure if this has any relation to the events that have taken place in Tampa the last few days.
- Boardwalk business owners looking for a sand solution in John’s Pass
- Early voting begins: How many ballots were cast on first day of early voting in Tampa Bay?
- ‘This is an unimaginable situation’, says family of Bradenton Beach woman killed in murder-suicide
- 2 robbery suspects arrested after Tampa chase, two convenience store robberies
- Hillsborough County teacher receives $50K grant for school’s construction program