HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla (WFLA) – Happening today, construction is set to begin on the long awaited Citrus Park Drive expansion project.
The $63 million project will extend Citrus Park Drive from Countryway Boulevard to the Westfield Citrus Park Mall.
In total, the expansion will be about three miles long and feature a divided four-lane road, bike lanes, and sidewalks in both directions.
New traffic lights are set to be installed at the Fawn Ridge Blvd. intersection and at the entrance of Deer Park Elementary.
The goal of this expansion project is to alleviate traffic, especially in the area of Linebaugh Ave.
According to the Hillsborough County’s website, this project is set to be completed by late 2021.
- SNL fires new cast member after video surfaces of comedian using Asian slur
- Foundation purchases land for Pulse nightclub museum
- Hurricane Michael not forgotten by Florida lawmakers
- Snow already falling along California-Nevada line
- JK Rowling donates $19M to multiple sclerosis research in honor of late mother