TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Police say an attempted robbery at a Tampa gas station was thwarted Saturday by a smart and quick-thinking clerk.
The incident happened around 8:45 p.m. at the Circle K on the corner of West Shore Boulevard and Gandy Boulevard. According to Tampa police, a man went into the convenience store and pulled out what appeared to be a gun.
The clerk behind the counter immediately realized the gun was an air pistol or a fake gun and grabbed it from the man, officers say. The man then ran from the store.
Thankfully, no one was injured during the incident.
Police are still trying to get a good description of the man involved.
- Video shows police officer save 3-week-old baby choking on milk
- Hospitals told to send coronavirus data to Washington, not CDC
- Man dead after fire at Seminole home
- Leigh’s runcast: Higher-than-normal temps and humidity make workouts harder on your body
- STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: High heat and humidity all day