TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – The City of Tampa and Catholic Charities are now providing emergency shelter for homeless residents during the coronavirus pandemic.
The initiative is called “Hillsborough Hope” and is a temporary homeless shelter that will house 100 homeless individuals. This is a voluntary program designed to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 in the Tampa community.
The shelter will provide housing using 100 tents, three meals, showers, laundry, case management and medical care.
The tents are set up to follow the social distancing rule.
When someone arrives, they will need to complete an intake screening and will then receive toiletries and be provided with a numbered tent.
- Happy Mouth: the new podcast for foodies
- ‘Hangry’ alligator chases people across Wendy’s parking lot in Florida
- HIV/AIDS vaccine: Why don’t we have one after 37 years, when we have several for COVID-19 after a few months?
- Man repeatedly punches driver in fit of road rage, video shows
- Look up! 5 planets easy to spot in the sky this week