TAMPA (WFLA) – A girl attempting to cross the street was hit by an SUV Thursday evening in Tampa and deputies need your help locating the driver.
According to Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office, the child was hit at the intersection of 122nd Avenue East and 15th Street North. Deputies say the girl was crossing 15th Street with two of her friends when she was hit by the SUV.
The child was taken to Tampa General Hospital and is in critical condition at this time.
Hillsborough sheriff’s deputies say they are looking for a woman who left the scene after hitting the child. She is believed to be driving a dark-blue SUV with right end damage that was seen heading southbound after the crash.
This is a developing story stick with WFLA for updates.
- Starbucks offering free coffee to frontline workers through December
- Cold weather shelters to open as temperatures drop in Tampa Bay
- Sarasota officer moved to tears by stranger’s note
- First blood test to help diagnose Alzheimer’s goes on sale
- Motorcyclist dies after crashes with 2 vehicles in St. Pete