TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Police are looking for a driver who caused a car to crash into a building in Tampa early Monday morning.
The crash happened just after midnight in the 1800 block of East 26th Avenue.
Police say a driver rear-ended another car, which went off the road and hit the outside of an apartment unit, shattering a window and causing the side of the building to crack.
The driver who caused the crash fled the scene, while a person inside of the other car was taken to the hospital to be treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
The incident remains under investigation.
- USF students to protest school budget cuts, changes to Bright Futures
- Exclusive witness video shows Uber driver bitten, scratched, choked in Pinellas County
- Miami to South Texas: Sailors hope to train future Mars astronauts, dock near SpaceX
- Out of sight but center stage, jurors weigh Derek Chauvin’s fate in George Floyd death
- Truck driver arrested in Rhode Island after police find missing teen girl in sleeping compartment