LITHIA, Fla. (WFLA) – Deputies are investigating after a Lithia woman reported finding a bullet in her living room on New Year’s Eve.
According to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office, the incident happened Tuesday night at a home on Thompson Road between Bryant Road and Harter Smith Drive.
A victim told deputies she was in the home around 10 p.m. when she heard a possible firework hit the roof. She said she later found a bullet in the living room and saw damage to the roof.
A spokesperson for the sheriff’s office says neighbors were interviewed but no one reported seeing anything. The investigation is still active.
LATEST HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY NEWS:
- Tampa YMCA keeps Veggie Van rolling during pandemic
- Golf courses are open during Florida stay-at-home order
- Coronavirus in Florida: Daily flights from New York area to Florida drop during the end of March
- Coronavirus in Tampa expected to peak in early May, model shows
- 3 employees at TPA test positive for COVID-19