LITHIA, Fla. (WFLA) – Deputies are investigating after a Lithia woman reported finding a bullet in her living room on New Year’s Eve.
According to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office, the incident happened Tuesday night at a home on Thompson Road between Bryant Road and Harter Smith Drive.
A victim told deputies she was in the home around 10 p.m. when she heard a possible firework hit the roof. She said she later found a bullet in the living room and saw damage to the roof.
A spokesperson for the sheriff’s office says neighbors were interviewed but no one reported seeing anything. The investigation is still active.
LATEST HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY NEWS:
- WrestleMania 37 coming to Raymond James Stadium in April
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 12,119 new cases; resident deaths surpass 24,000
- State representative, community organizations give out 500 bags of PPE
- Hillsborough County seniors will get second vaccine under new vendor
- Flags to fly at half-staff in honor of late Hillsborough deputy Brian LaVigne