HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY (WFLA) – A man and a woman were killed on their motorcycle after going too fast around a curve in Hillsborough County Sunday morning, the sheriff’s office said.
The crash happened on Gunn Highway near Copeland Road.
The sheriff’s office said a doctor spotted a motorcycle on the side of the road while on his way to work. He got out of his car to investigate and saw two bodies in the grass. The doctor did what he could to save them, but officials said they were dead on the scene.
The sheriff’s office said the motorcycle hit one of the street signs indicating a curve during the crash.
Neither of the occupants were wearing a helmet.
The sheriff’s office said part of their investigation will be to determine the timeline of when the crash actually happened and when the doctor found them on the side of the road.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office expects Gunn Highway to be shut down for several hours in the area as they investigate the crash.
- ‘Udderly Amazing!’: Manatee County teacher surprises her pre-K students in unique way
- Coronavirus in Florida: State reports over 1.4K new cases, 41 deaths in latest update
- Discover Crystal River Florida and “Step Into Awesome”
- Space Force Starring Roy Wood Jr.
- Boosting Your Immunity with Zinc