TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A driver was arrested in connection with a hit-and-run crash that killed a bicyclist in Tampa Wednesday night, police said.
The accident happened in the area of West Gray Street and West Gomez Street around 7 p.m.
According to police, 22-year-old Seth Lapensohn hit the victim with his Jeep and continued driving east.
Lapensohn returned to the scene an hour later and told investigators he was the driver. Police said he appeared to be under the influence.
Lapensohn was arrested and charged with DUI and leaving the scene of crash with a death, a felony.
An investigation into the crash is ongoing.
- Corona beer producer stops brewing due to virus
- Coronavirus stories: Florida couple keeps business alive with FaceTime photoshoots
- Coronavirus: Boaters get stern warning from Pinellas officials for not following orders
- Tampa YMCA keeps Veggie Van rolling during pandemic
- Disney suspends annual passholder payments during coronavirus closure