CRYSTAL RIVER, Fla. (WFLA) – An Apollo Beach woman drowned Monday while scalloping in the Gulf of Mexico in Crystal River in Citrus County.
Tammy Barth, 47, was found unresponsive at 6:47 p.m. in the water by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.
Her husband, Mark, said the couple left their boat and scalloped separately from each other which they normally do.
When Mark saw storms approaching, he went back to their boat and blew the air horn to let Tammy know he was aboard. Tammy did not answer and after a search, he called for help over the marine radio.
The Coast Guard and FWC conducted the search for Tammy.STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Manatee commissioners to discuss Bradenton Confederate monument today
- Polk County deputies searching for man who stole Porsche from repair shop
- Hillsborough County tow truck driver’s killer learns his fate
- Police: Orlando mom left kids in hot car while she drank at bar
- Family of toddler found dead in Orlando day care van sues Little Miracles Academy
- Cute alert: Babies born on solar eclipse day dressed up at hospital