SEFFNER, Fla. (WFLA) — Deputies arrested a man Tuesday for allegedly shooting a child following an argument at a Seffner gas station, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office.
The sheriff’s office said Jontavius Monroe, 33, got into an argument with another customer at the CITGO station on Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard Saturday morning.
Deputies said following the argument, Monroe drove next to the customer’s vehicle and fired at it, hitting a child inside the car. The child was hospitalized for a non-life-threatening injury.
Monroe was taken into custody without problems. He now faces the following charges:
- attempted murder in the first degree premeditated firearm – great bodily harm
- aggravated battery great bodily harm and deadly weapon
- discharge firearm from a vehicle (occupant)
- felon in possession of a firearm
- shooting at, within, or into a vehicle
According to the HCSO, Monroe had eight previous felony convictions. He remains in the county jail with no bond, as of this report.