PLANT CITY, Fla. (WFLA) — A 24-year-old Lakeland man died with a gunshot wound to his chest in a Plant City roadway Tuesday night.
The Plant City Police Department responded to gunshots in the area of 1009 W. Washington Street around 9:25 p.m. Tuesday.
Upon arrival, police found Michael James Hector Jr., 24, in the roadway with a gunshot wound to his chest.
Hector died at the scene.
If you have information about this shooting, you’re urged to contact Detective Mark Dunnam at 813-757-9200.
- What are the most dangerous Thanksgiving foods for dogs?
- Mother welcomes son just in time for the holidays after surviving tragic explosion
- Pedestrian killed while crossing 54th Avenue North in Lealman
- US jobless claims rise to 778,000 as pandemic worsens
- City of Largo bringing holiday cheer with annual light display at park