TAMPA (WFLA) – A 2-year-old has been taken to a local hospital as a trauma alert following a crash on East Hillsborough Avenue involving a dump truck and two other vehicles.
According to the Tampa Police Department, one of the cars caught fire after a dump truck traveling westbound on Hillsborough Avenue crossed the median, striking an SUV and another car.
Officials with Tampa police say a total of four people have been taken to a local hospital.
Investigators are currently on scene working to determine what factors contributed to the crash. Hillsborough Avenue remains closed to eastbound traffic between 34th St. and 40th St.
This is a developing story stick with WFLA for updates.
- Photos: Thousands march in Washington to pray and show Trump support
- Man shot, killed following argument with wife in Bradenton
- President Trump to visit Central Florida for campaign event on Friday
- City of Tampa lights up purple, gold to honor Gold Star families
- Video shows man pull pistol at St. Petersburg protest, police investigating