ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP/WFLA) — The U.S. Coast Guard rescued two divers Saturday off Florida’s Gulf Coast.
The Coast Guard said in a statement that a male diver was rescued by helicopter and taken to EMS for treatment. The other diver was rescued by boat after she and the other diver became stranded about 25 miles west of Egmont Key at the mouth of Tampa Bay.
The rescue crew was initially notified by a third diver who managed to swim back to the anchored dive boat.
- Rays lose to Dodgers 3-1 in World Series Game 6
- Leigh’s runcast: Another hot, humid day impacts how hard you should exercise
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: More record-setting heat expected; front arrives this week
- Rays fans at watch party react to disappointing loss
- Justin Turner removed from Game 6 after testing positive for COVID-19