TEMPLE TERRACE, Fla. (WFLA) – Authorities say a woman was shot after initiating an unprovoked attack on a Temple Terrace police officer.
According to Temple Terrace police, the shooting happened at Temple Terrace City Hall and for unknown reasons, after requesting help from an officer, 21-year-old Heba Momtaz Alazhari attacked the officer with a large butcher knife.
The officer shot Alazhari and was taken to a local hospital, where she later died from her injuries, deputies say. The officer received non-life-threatening injuries from the attack.
The Temple Terrace Police Department is currently working with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the Hillsborough County Sherriff’s Office to investigate the incident.
MORE TOP STORIES
- 43-year-old’s dying words: ‘I never thought that I would be considered nonessential’
- Cigar City Brewing to release hard seltzer amid bubbly craze
- Coronavirus guidelines now the rule at the White House
- Mega Millions prize climbs to $1B ahead of Friday’s drawing
- Vaccine registration to open this weekend for seniors in Pinellas County