TAMPA (WFLA/CNN) – Hillary and Bill Clinton are showing support for New York health care workers fighting the coronavirus epidemic.
They sent more than 400 pizzas to hospitals in their home county of Westchester on Wednesday.
The political power couple also attached notes thanking staff members.
New York is becoming the epicenter of the U.S. COVID-19 outbreak.
Doctors, nurses and other healthcare workers are putting in exhausting hours to try to save patients.
On Thursday, the United States had surpassed China and Italy for the most confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the world.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Get $200 to watch your favorite Disney movie
- CNN anchor Chris Cuomo tests positive for coronavirus
- Lakeland to reopen some trails, amenities amid coronavirus pandemic
- Mellow Mushroom in Tampa forced to close permanently
- WATCH LIVE: Mayor Castor briefs city council on Tampa’s response to COVID-19