LAKE PLACID, Fla. (WFLA) — Emergency crews responded to a crash in Lake Placid early Sunday morning where a semi-truck was found burning to the ground.
The call came in around 3:30 a.m., Highlands County Fire Rescue said on Facebook.
The crash happened on County Road 721 near Wheeler Road. When crews got to the scene, they said the semi-truck was found almost completely burned to the ground.
The fire department estimated a loss of approximately $100,000.
- Masked crowds fill streets, trains after Wuhan lockdown ends
- Coronavirus: Tampa company making respirators for first responders, public
- Coronavirus: Tampa Bay dispatchers reveal top questions nervous callers ask
- Florida coronavirus: More than 1,000 new cases as death toll nears 300
- 100 American Airlines flight attendants have coronavirus, union says