HIGHLANDS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A Highlands County homeowner survived after falling from a roof while preparing for Hurricane Dorian.
The Highlands County Fire Rescue said paramedics responded to a “trauma call” in Avon Park Lakes Estates on Monday morning.
The agency said the homeowner was on his roof preparing for the storm when he fell off a ladder and hit the ground 10 feet below.
The man was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Officials are now urging residents to use extra caution while making final preparations for the storm.
- SpaceX delays simulated rocket failure due to weather, now targeting Sunday
- By the Numbers: Deadly crash involving school bus in Brooksville rare, but not unusual
- National Winnie the Pooh Day celebrates author’s 137th birthday
- Lottery ticket purchased in Largo wins $205k
- Storm Team 8 Forecast: Last warm and dry day before turning much colder