HIGHLANDS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A Highlands County homeowner survived after falling from a roof while preparing for Hurricane Dorian.
The Highlands County Fire Rescue said paramedics responded to a “trauma call” in Avon Park Lakes Estates on Monday morning.
The agency said the homeowner was on his roof preparing for the storm when he fell off a ladder and hit the ground 10 feet below.
The man was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Officials are now urging residents to use extra caution while making final preparations for the storm.
- American, United Airlines to furlough 32,000 workers without federal bailout agreement
- Florida deputy reunited with 5-year-old girl she saved 3 years ago
- Police investigating shooting at Tarpon Springs park
- Proud Boy Alan Swinney faces charges stemming from Portland protests
- Lightning fans pack Riverwalk to catch glimpse of champs, Stanley Cup