HIGHLANDS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A Highlands County homeowner survived after falling from a roof while preparing for Hurricane Dorian.
The Highlands County Fire Rescue said paramedics responded to a “trauma call” in Avon Park Lakes Estates on Monday morning.
The agency said the homeowner was on his roof preparing for the storm when he fell off a ladder and hit the ground 10 feet below.
The man was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Officials are now urging residents to use extra caution while making final preparations for the storm.
- FDA backs Pfizer COVID-19 boosters for seniors, high-risk
- ‘This doctor has got guts’: Ex-attorney sues Texas physician who purposely broke abortion law
- Gabby Petito was found dead but FBI holding back beyond that
- ‘I thought I got hit by the boat’: Teen survives encounter with shark
- Rays clinch playoff spot for third consecutive year