DIETRICH, Idaho (KTVB)– Allegations of rape at a rural Idaho high school have tensions in the small town of Dietrich at a boiling point.
Separate complaints that have been filed, but not yet proven.
One is a lawsuit that the victim’s parents have against the Dietrich School District. The other is a set of criminal complaints brought by the Idaho Attorney General’s office against the accused locker room attackers.
The victim’s adopted parents say Dietrich High School didn’t protect their son from months of harassment, bullying and assaults- assaults based on his race and mental disabilities.
The lawsuit alleges that those mental and physical abuse led to their son being brutally raped with a coat hanger by members of his football team.
Read more: http://bit.ly/25nPdnkWHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Ocala mother justified in shooting, killing husband under ‘Stand Your Ground’ law
- VIDEO: Disoriented sea turtle found wandering outside Sarasota hotel
- Road Ranger critically injured in 4-vehicle crash on Howard Frankland
- Casey Anthony attorney Jose Baez fires back at former private investigator
- Sheriff: Ex-husband killed missing Florida mom, search for body underway
- VIDEO: Polk County driver almost plows into student getting on school bus
- Hillsborough fifth-grader investigated for alleged attempt to poison classmate
- VIDEO: 6-month-old Orlando baby goes waterskiing; parents say it’s a record
- Ford recalls 271K pickups to fix brake fluid leak
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines