BROOKSVILLE, Fla. (WFLA) — A Spring Hill man was charged with stalking after investigators say he called a woman more than 4,000 times and texted her more than 340 times during the first three months of the year.
Hernando County Sheriff’s Office deputies say Anthony James David, age 39, of Spring Hill, started calling, texting, and emailing the woman on January 27, 2016.
The victim asked David several times to cease contact with her, however after she made the requests, detectives say David increased the volume of calls and text messages to include calls to her family, friends and place of employment.
The victim sought an injunction against David for protection from stalking, but the injunction could not be served because David could not be located. Detectives then subpoenaed subscriber information for David’s prepaid cell phone and say they verified the text messages and phone calls were from him.
On April 13, deputies contacted David at the Hernando County Detention Center. Online records show he was in jail on numerous failure to appear charges. David allegedly told detectives it was his cell phone, but denied calling the victim after that date.
He was arrested on one count of stalking with bond set at $5,000.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Couple in Tampa engagement photo located, gets surprise photo session
- Rent Due: Florida landlord fatally shoots tenant over $550
- Mother, friend arrested after child found in hot car outside strip club
- AMBER Alert issued for Madison boy, 7
- Boy missing in Coconut Creek, AMBER Alert issued
- Family killed in triple murder followed by suicide
- Man shot and killed in Clearwater identified
- Pit bull puppy recovers after severe chemical burns
- Principal paddles kindergartner, ignites outrage online
- Deputies: Woman strangled to death after her birthday party
- Road rage incident with motorcyclists turned into beating for Tampa Bay area man
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines