HERNANDO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Nearly 75% of a double-wide mobile home was engulfed in flames when Hernando County Fire and Emergency Services arrived on scene Thursday morning.
According to HCFR, they received reports of a structure fire on the 24000 block of Kaufman Rd. around 3:17 a.m.
Before first responders arrived, all occupants were able to self-evacuate, the HCFR said.
Upon further investigation, the Florida State Fire Marshal’s Office concluded that the fire was an accident and said that the fire began in the living room fireplace.