(CNN) – Experts are weighing in on how plant-based milk stacks up against cow’s milk for kids.
New health guidelines say most children under five should avoid plant-based milk.
That’s because milk made from rice, coconut, oats, or other blends may not have the key nutrients kids need in their early developmental stages.
Kids should also avoid diet drinks, flavored milks, sugary drinks, and limit how much juice they drink.
The recommendations come from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, the American Economy of Pediatrics, and the American Heart Association.
- Ash-covered St. Vincent braces for more volcanic eruptions
- Meadows, Arozarena homer, AL champ Rays beat Yankees 4-0
- From gift cards to cash: these fitness apps pay you to get in shape
- Charles: Royal family ‘deeply grateful’ for world’s support
- What a car’s ‘black box’ records and how to check if your vehicle has one