(CNN) – Ford Motor Company has issued a safety recall in North America because tailgates keep opening unintentionally.
In a statement released Friday, the company said it is recalling select Ford F-250, F-350 and F-450 Super Duty trucks, but only those made in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
Ford says the problem is the electric tailgate latch-release switch in the handle.
Water can enter the electrical wiring system there and cause a short circuit that opens the tailgate.
Trucks with mechanical tailgate releases are unaffected.
- 17-year-old Sesame Place worker punched in the face by couple over mask policy, police say
- Disney World ticket is just $49 a day for Florida residents
- Burned bear recovering from severe wildfire burns
- Second stimulus check: Where Biden, Harris stand on COVID payment proposals
- Trump Administration eases showerhead rules after president complains of water flow