BOCA RATON, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a woman was killed in South Florida when a branch fell on her as she took a walk.
Boca Raton police said the woman, who was in her 20s, was killed just after 9:30 a.m. Saturday at a condo complex.
The Palm Beach Post reports at that hour, the nearby Boca Raton airport reported wind gusts of up to 35 mph and sustained winds of 23 mph. The high winds were part of a cold front that came through overnight, bringing rain and wind to much of Palm Beach County.
A police spokeswoman did not immediately identify the woman or provide additional details.
Information from: The Palm Beach (Fla.) Post, http://www.pbpost.com
- Obama to campaign for Joe Biden in Florida today
- 115-year-old Confederate monument removed from Alabama courthouse
- Confederate statue outside Alabama courthouse removed overnight
- Trump to cast his presidential vote in Florida today
- 3 dead in multi-vehicle crash in Lake Wales