SUMTER COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — A Florida woman pulled over for speeding Wednesday on Florida’s Turnpike was found with 44 pounds of marijuana in her trunk, Florida Highway Patrol said.
A trooper monitoring traffic in Wildwood said Jessica Florento, 35, was caught going 90 mph in the 70 mph zone.
When the trooper approached Florento’s vehicle, he said he could smell a strong marijuana odor coming out of it. He soon discovered two large trash bags in the trunk with 42 sealed medical marijuana bags from California.
The combined weight of the weed was 44 pounds, FHP said. They also found over $11,000 in cash in Florento’s purse.
She was transported to the Sumter County Jail.
- Pasco County Sheriff’s Office searching for murder suspect
- Watch: Crews rescue sea lion with head stuck in metal loop
- Mother of Pinellas Co. hit-and-run victim can’t understand why driver didn’t stop
- Selmon Expressway Extension opening on Monday, getting mixed reaction from drivers
- Investigation underway after house fire kills 3 in Inverness