ORLANDO, Fla. (WESH)—Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis announced the opening of new ramps starting Monday at the Interstate 4 and State Road 408 interchange in downtown Orlando.
DeSantis said the openings come three months ahead of schedule.
The governor described the work as the most impactful portion of the I-4 Ultimate Project.
DeSantis said he’d been pushing the Florida Department of Transportation to take advantage of decreased traffic amid the coronavirus pandemic to accelerate projects.
- Country band Lady A sues singer with same name
- Search underway for endangered teen who suffers from medical issues
- 8 arrested for allegedly stealing $1.1 million in unemployment benefits fraud scheme
- Chick-fil-A postpones annual Cow Appreciation Day, free food giveaway due to COVID-19
- Protesters block crosswalk, following St. Pete police announcement on fines for blocking traffic