ORLANDO, Fla. (WESH)—Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis announced the opening of new ramps starting Monday at the Interstate 4 and State Road 408 interchange in downtown Orlando.
DeSantis said the openings come three months ahead of schedule.
The governor described the work as the most impactful portion of the I-4 Ultimate Project.
DeSantis said he’d been pushing the Florida Department of Transportation to take advantage of decreased traffic amid the coronavirus pandemic to accelerate projects.
- Hillsborough County sets turnout record for opening day of early voting
- Saved by social media: Car stolen with dog inside leads to social media hunt and discovery on I-275
- Rays take the field ahead of Game 1 of the World Series
- Arians discusses importance of in-game adjustments in win over Packers
- Study: Florida’s top phobia is virus, germs