PALM BEACH, Fla. (WPTV, NBC) — A diver off the coast of Florida captured quite a sight in a close call with a massive great white shark earlier this week.
Jim Cocci said he was diving Tuesday off Palm Beach when the giant shark swam within feet of him.
Cocci said the female great white, which was about 15 to 20 feet long, passed by him three times and was very friendly.
The veteran diver said he believes the shark was pregnant.
In his 50-plus years of diving, this is the first great white Cocci has ever encountered.
- Florida coronavirus: State tallies record 15,300 new cases of COVID-19
- Florida man accused of setting Catholic church on fire
- Search of lake for missing “Glee” star to resume Sunday
- Dead cat gets voter registration application in mail
- 2 Texas officers shot, killed responding to domestic disturbance call