HOLLYWOOD BEACH, Fla. (WFLA) – Usually, it’s sharks that give people a scare at Florida beaches. But, Monday morning it was a large crocodile.
The 6-foot-long croc was spotted taking a stroll on Hollywood Beach.
The crocodile was seen in the area of North Surf Road and Haynes Street.
Officers with the Hollywood Police Department responded and kept beachgoers and swimmers away.
Hollywood Police Department’s Marine Patrol Unit spotted the croc earlier in the morning near Dania Beach.
Florida Wildlife Conservation Commission officers are responding.STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- WATCH: Beloved Florida eagles Harriet, M15 incubating new egg
- Maine boy, 9, who asked for Christmas cards for last holiday passes away
- FHP troopers to begin patrols in Seminole Heights today
- Pasco deputies seek help finding missing, endangered pregnant woman
- Charles Manson, whose cult slayings horrified world, dead at 83
- Tampa native, country music legend Mel Tillis dies at 85
- Coast Guard suspends search for boater who disappeared near Bradenton
- Tampa police chief discusses Seminole Heights investigation with News Channel 8
- PHOTO: Florida couple finds dead frog in Waffle House water glass