BREVARD COUNTY, Fla. (WESH) – A woman was arrested Thursday in Brevard County after she was caught on camera shoving an emaciated dog into the trunk of a car, the sheriff said.
Brevard County Sheriff Wayne Ivey said in a video posted to the agency’s Facebook page Thursday night that Sara Perry has been arrested and charged with felony animal abuse.
Perry allegedly showed up at a Brevard County animal shelter Wednesday and asked workers there to either take the dog or euthanize it.
The shelter said they were full, and told Perry they would not euthanize the dog, Ivey said.
Video taken outside the shelter captured Perry shoving the dog into the trunk of a car. The sheriff said she then drove away.
Workers at the shelter contacted authorities, who tracked down the dog later in the day. Perry was arrested Thursday, Ivey said.
Ivey said the dog was emaciated and in very poor health. The dog is currently being treated at Brevard County’s pet care center.
- Group of ‘furries’ pull man from car during domestic violence assault, hold him for police
- Florida Supreme Court on the death penalty: We got it wrong
- 25 now dead of rapidly expanding Chinese virus coronavirus
- Trump: Mideast peace plan likely rolled out in days
- Bill would shield state lawmakers’ addresses from public record