BREVARD COUNTY, Fla. (WESH) – A woman was arrested Thursday in Brevard County after she was caught on camera shoving an emaciated dog into the trunk of a car, the sheriff said.
Brevard County Sheriff Wayne Ivey said in a video posted to the agency’s Facebook page Thursday night that Sara Perry has been arrested and charged with felony animal abuse.
Perry allegedly showed up at a Brevard County animal shelter Wednesday and asked workers there to either take the dog or euthanize it.
The shelter said they were full, and told Perry they would not euthanize the dog, Ivey said.
Video taken outside the shelter captured Perry shoving the dog into the trunk of a car. The sheriff said she then drove away.
Workers at the shelter contacted authorities, who tracked down the dog later in the day. Perry was arrested Thursday, Ivey said.
Ivey said the dog was emaciated and in very poor health. The dog is currently being treated at Brevard County’s pet care center.
- Billionaire makes good on promise, donates $34M to cover student loans
- Texas teen football player collapses, dies in twin brother’s arms, family says
- Officers vow to take care of fallen corporal’s family, so dozens come to watch son’s 1st football game
- Crash blocks WB County Line Road in Spring Hill
- Horror icon Sid Haig dies at age 80