FT. MYERS, Fla. – A crowd gathered at a Ft. Myers beach Thursday when a fisherman reeled in a seven-foot, 150-pound gator.
Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission officers were able to pull the gator ashore and move him.
Wildlife officials said gators are on the move this time of year, but it is very rare to see them in salt water.
READ MORE ABOUT ALLIGATORS:
- Alligator safety tips from MyFWC
- WATCH: Alligator eats alligator in Lakeland
- MUST SEE: 15-foot gator killed in hunt at Florida farm
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Couple in Tampa engagement photo located, gets surprise photo session
- Rent Due: Florida landlord fatally shoots tenant over $550
- Mother, friend arrested after child found in hot car outside strip club
- AMBER Alert issued for Madison boy, 7
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines