( WPBF/CNN) – A dog in Florida decided to take the family car for a drive.
Well, what actually happened was the owner left the dog in a running car and it took off, driving in reverse, in circles.
A video shows the car moving in circles in a cul de sac in Port St. Lucie around 8:30 a.m. Thursday morning. If you look closely, you can see a driver–well, sort of.
“First I thought I saw somebody backing up but then they kept going and I’m like okay what are they doing? And the cops came and I’m like okay!” said a witness, Anne Sabol. “Then the fire department showed up and I’m like okay!”
Turns out, the human driver left the car running when he stepped out for a moment. Police said the car was accidentally left in reverse, with the dog inside.
“I saw this car going around in a circle and it was doing it for about an hour. And when the cops got the door open a black dog jumped out I was like they should give that thing a license,” Sabol said.
You can see the tire tread marks on the street, and a mailbox that got in the way and got smashed.
The owner of the mailbox said the dog’s owner promised to replace it.
- Masked crowds fill streets, trains after Wuhan lockdown ends
- Coronavirus: Tampa company making respirators for first responders, public
- Coronavirus: Tampa Bay dispatchers reveal top questions nervous callers ask
- Florida coronavirus: More than 1,000 new cases as death toll nears 300
- 100 American Airlines flight attendants have coronavirus, union says