DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (WFLA) — A commercial airline was forced to make an emergency landing at the Daytona Beach Airport after a passenger’s bag caught fire.
A passenger’s battery charger caught fire in their bag while on the United Airlines flight from New Jersey to the Bahamas, the airport said.
The fire was contained to the passenger’s bag and put in a fire retardant case until the plane landed safely.
There were no injuries and the plane has taken off again.
- Stranded cruise ship hit by virus begs Florida to dock
- US nears China’s virus death toll as New York calls for help
- STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: Scattered showers overnight with cold front
- Attorneys: Arrest of Tampa pastor who led packed services was ‘unconstitutional’
- Bill proposed provides protection for student veterans