FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — Two South Florida police officers are facing charges that they provided protection for a fake cocaine transfer orchestrated by federal agents.
Miami-Dade County officers Roderick Flowers and Keith Edwards Jr. are charged federally with conspiracy to possess and distribute cocaine.
The Miami Herald reports that the two liked to pose in social media photos as the Miami police officers played by Martin Lawrence and Will Smith in the “Bad Boys” films.
Federal officials say the two provided protection for an undercover source who paid them $5,000 each to guard a shipment of cocaine in September. Flowers’ attorney declined comment. Edwards’ attorney did not respond.
- Tampa’s FEMA mass vaccination site reopens Monday, nearly half of the daily supply goes unused
- Tyler Glasnow fans 14, Adames homers as Rays blank Rangers 1-0
- Biden meets with bipartisan group of lawmakers to discuss American Jobs Plan
- Virginia AG wants police records after Army officer stopped
- Macaulay Culkin, Brenda Song announce birth of first child together